Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. announced the availability of its second-generation ANX74xx family of 10 Gbps USB-C re-timers capable of switching DisplayPort and USB 3.2 Gen2 signals to support a single USB-C port for next-generation high-performance, low-power notebooks, 2-in-1 convertible laptops, desktop PCs, mobile devices, and servers.
The second generation ANX74xx family includes:
- ANX7451 – 10G USB-C re-timer with USB/ DisplayPort mux and integrated clock;
- ANX7443 – 10G re-timer with USB/ DisplayPort mux and integrated clock;
- ANX7431 – 10G re-timer with USB mux and integrated clock;
- ANX7497 – 8.1G DisplayPort re-timer with integrated clock;
- ANX7491 – 10G USB 3.2 re-timer with Integrated clock.
Built on industry-proven architecture previously adopted by Intel, AMD, and Nvidia CPU/GPU platforms, the second generation ANX74xx family features an even lower power consumption, integrated clock source, and improved robustness of DisplayPort 1.4a and USB 3.2., offering:
- Loss compensation to recover up to 23dB channel loss for USB 3.2 Gen 2 10 Gbps, and up to 27dB for DisplayPort;
- Support for full DisplayPort re-timer function with Link Training Tunable PHY Repeater (LTTPR) in transparent and non-transparent mode with AUX snooper, guaranteeing a loss compensation to recover up to 27dB channel loss for DisplayPort HBR3 8.1Gbps;
- Full compliance to the latest USB 3.2 specification with added emphasis on the re-timer requirements defined in Appendix E, which specifies support for 4-re-timer connectivity with seamless cascading of four re-timers, meeting the USB 3.2 CTS requirements.
Product demonstrations are taking place during this week’s CES 2019, at Analogix Meeting Place MP25763 in LVCC South Hall 2.