Digi International announced the full availability of the Digi ConnectCore 8X development kit. The Digi ConnectCore 8X is a powerful, secure and cost-effective off-the-shelf single board computer (SBC) with support for Linux and Android, as a connected system solution concept for device manufacturers building edge-intelligent products.
The Digi ConnectCore 8X offers cloud and edge-compute services integration while reducing time-to-market by eliminating traditional risk, effort, and complexity of custom board designs without sacrificing flexibility or capabilities. Other key features include:
- Industrial i.MX 8X quad-core SOM and SBC platform family
- Compact form factor integrates an on-board dual-band antenna option, USB connectivity, Digi XBee RF connector and cellular connectivity options
- Multi-display/camera and audio support
- External storage and expansion connectors
- Power management with both hardware and software support for low-power designs
- Built-in Digi TrustFence security framework featuring secure boot, encrypted filesystems, and protected ports
The Digi ConnectCore 8X development kit is now available for evaluation and testing. The kit includes ConnectCore 8X SBC Pro w/dual-Ethernet, console port cable, power supply, and 2 dual-band antennas.