Synopsys announced the industry’s first and most comprehensive unified functional safety verification solution to accelerate time to ISO 26262 certification for automotive IP and semiconductor companies targeting the highest Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL D). As part of the solution, Synopsys introduced VC Functional Safety Manager, a FMEA/FMEDA and fault classification automation technology enabling architects, IP designers, and verification engineers to accelerate their functional safety verification with productivity gains up to 50 percent compared to traditional manual and error-prone functional safety verification point tools.
Automotive semiconductor designs are growing in complexity to meet the increasing functionality demand for applications such as powertrain, advanced driver assistance, and autonomous driving. At the same time, semiconductor companies are required to deliver ISO 26262 certification for their products to customers. This combination is expected to increase verification efforts by 2-3X. Synopsys’ unified functional safety solution provides unique technologies to bridge the current productivity gaps by delivering a comprehensive FMEA/FMEDA and fault classification automation solution leveraging a unified fault definition and database with the fastest verification engines.
Technology components for Synopsys’ unified functional safety verification solution include:
- VC Functional Safety Manager, a high-quality, scalable, and distributed FMEDA automation tool delivering the highest productivity through a FMEA/FMEDA and unified fault campaign process.
- Synopsys TestMAX FuSa to perform early functional safety analysis at RTL- or gate-level and identify candidates for TMR and DCLS redundancy.
- Z01X fault simulator for fast and proven digital fault simulation.
- VC Formal FuSa App to accelerate fault classification through application of formal filtering.
- Synopsys TestMax CustomFault for high-performance analog and mixed-signal fault simulation for full-chip functional safety and test coverage analysis.
- ZeBu Server, the industry’s fastest emulator, to perform fault emulation for long software-rich tests.
- Verdi Fault Analysis for debug, planning, and coverage, including integration with industry-leading requirement tracking tools.
- Certitude functional qualification to demonstrate verification flow robustness in support of ISO 26262 Part 8-9 assessments.
The Synopsys Unified Functional Safety Verification Solution and VC Functional Safety Manager are available today for select customer engagements.