Silex Technology America, Inc. released the SX-582, a high-performance Serial/Ethernet to Wi-Fi embedded module, based on the Qualcomm Atheros AR6234 system in package (SiP) solution, that provides dual-band 802.11n wireless connectivity for device manufacturers who want to add robust and secure Wi-Fi.
“Eliminating the need for the development of a wireless LAN driver and security supplicant is ideal for minimizing upfront engineering investment and reducing time to market,” said Babar Hashim, product marketing manager at Silex. “The SX-582’s modular certifications for North America, Europe, and Japan also reduce certification costs for OEMs.”
The SX-582 features a 32-bit 454 MHz Freescale i.MX28 processor with an 802.11a/b/g/n radio, a complete TCP/IP network protocol stack, and an optimized QCA6004 wireless radio driver and security supplicant in a self-contained hardware package. A major advantage of the SX-582 is enterprise security, including WPA2 with 802.1x authentication, which enables it to be used on almost any customer’s network without compromising security. We have also added multi-client bridge support to the product as a standard feature.
- Based on Qualcomm Atheros QCA6234 SiP
- Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Serial, Ethernet, USB, and UART Interfaces Available
- Enterprise Security
- Multiclient Bridging Support
- Utilizes on-board Processor and Network Protocol Stack
- Simple wireless setting using the Smart Wireless Configuration
- FCC/IC/CE/MIC Modular Certified
- Fine Tuned Calibration Per Module