Altera, now part of Intel, announced the production release of the new Quartus Prime Pro design software, which further accelerates FPGA design performance and design team productivity. The Quartus Prime Pro software is architected to support the next generation of high capacity, highly integrated FPGAs from Intel, which will drive innovation across the cloud, data center, Internet of Things and the networks that connect them. The capabilities built into the latest software release accelerate large FPGA design flows by delivering unprecedented compile time improvements, versatile design entry methods and simplified intellectual property (IP) integration.
The Quartus Prime Pro software v16.0 delivers a design methodology that is optimized for large designs with more than one million logic elements. At the same time, users can leverage the software’s incremental optimization feature to reduce design iterations and accelerate timing closure.
Quartus Prime Pro Software v16.0 highlights:
- Production release of Quartus Prime Pro Edition with hierarchical databases, targeting the next generation of high-capacity, highly-integrated FPGAs from Intel;
- Production release of BluePrint platform designer, which reduces design iterations ten times by allowing designers to make pin assignments and clock planning early in their design;
- Qsys Pro system integration tool with a hierarchical framework to support multiple design entry formats and simplify IP integration;
- Incremental optimization support to reduce design iterations; and
- Partial reconfiguration support for Arria 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
Access to Altera’s expanding IP portfolio
The Quartus Prime design software provides users access to an expanding selection of IP cores. These IP cores, in combination with numerous IP usability enhancements, help to improve designer productivity by simplifying IP evaluation, IP selection and hardware verification. New Ethernet, Hybrid Memory Cube memory and Video IP cores extend the comprehensive suite of high-performance, low-latency IP cores for industry-standard protocols.
Availability and pricing
The production release of the Quartus Prime design software v16.0 is now available for download at Altera’s eStore. The software is available in three editions (Pro, Standard and Lite), depending on your target FPGA. The Quartus Prime Pro and Quartus Prime Standard editions come with the ModelSim-Altera Starter edition software and a full license to the IP Base Suite. The annual software license is $3,995 USD for a node-locked PC license for the Quartus Prime Pro Edition and is available for purchase. The Quartus Prime Lite edition is available as a free download at Altera’s eStore.