Avnet released the UltraZed-EV Starter Kit, providing designers with the core tools necessary to shape the future of advanced embedded vision design and turn their ideas into reality. By bundling the new UltraZed-EV System on Module (SOM) and Carrier Card, Avnet has created a complete platform for prototyping and evaluating embedded video processing systems.
The UltraZed-EV Starter Kit is based on the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC EV device family and is the latest addition to Avnet’s Zedboard portfolio of modules and peripherals supporting customer product development leveraging SoC technology from Xilinx. The full Zedboard family includes the MicroZed, PicoZed, UltraZed and MiniZed and for applications including embedded vision, IoT, IIoT, voice processing and software defined radio.
The UltraZed-EV SOM
- High-performance, full-featured SOM with onboard dual system memory, high-speed transceivers, Ethernet, USB, and configuration memory
- Easy access to 152 user I/O pins, 26 processing system (PS) MIO pins, four high-speed PS-GTR transceivers along with four GTR reference clock inputs and 16 programmable logic (PL) high-speed GTH transceivers, and 16 programmable logic (PL) high-speed GTH transceivers
- Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC EV with integrated H.264/H.265 video codec unit, capable of simultaneous encode and decode at up to 4k60
The UltraZed-EV Carrier Card
- Mates with the UltraZed-EV SOM via two 200-pin Micro Headers, connecting the UltraZed-EV PL I/O and transceivers to FMC HPC slot, LVDS touch panel interface, SFP+ interface, HDMI In/Out, 3G-SDI In/Out, pushbutton switches, DIP switches, LEDs, Xilinx System Monitor (SYSMON), clock generators, and two Digilent Pmod™ compatible interfaces
- Third 120-pin Micro Header provides access to the UltraZed-EV SOM PS MIO and GTR transceiver pins, as well as USB and Tri-Ethernet interfaces
- The UltraZed-EV SOM PS MIO and GTR pins implement the microSD card, Pmod, USB 2.0/3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA host, DisplayPort, PCIe® root port, dual USB-UART, user LED, and switch and MAC address device interfaces
Now available to customers in the Americas, EMEA, Asia, and Japan, the UltraZed-EV Starter Kit is priced at $1,595. The UltraZed I/O Carrier Card can be purchased for $649, and the UltraZed-EV SOM extended temp and industrial temp versions are available for $999 and $1,199 respectively.
To purchase this kit, visit www.ultrazed.org/product/ultrazed-ev-starter-kit.