Texas Instruments announced the SimpleLink™ Bluetooth® low energy CC2540T, a highly-reliable, low power wireless microcontroller (MCU) that offers an extended temperature range of -40C to 125C and USB connectivity for industrial applications. The CC2540T is a complete solution for easier development with TI’s BLE-Stack™ software and sample applications including over-the-air download support for in-field updates. With this integrated, true single-chip Bluetooth low energy solution, TI expands its portfolio of Bluetooth low energy solutions for industrial applications, which includes the CC2541 wireless MCU.
Bluetooth Smart brings a host of new features and benefits to industrial applications making it easier to get information and control systems via smartphone or tablet, bypassing more manual and often complicated systems including:
- Small form factor, low power connectivity for industrial and consumer lighting
- Wireless human machine interface (HMI) and remote display saves costs, improves user experiences and enables remote display, monitoring and debugging
- Storage of personalized preferences, such as operator setups and ergonomic details, on your mobile device
- Transfer maintenance-related data to and from difficult-to-reach equipment via a mobile device for sending updates, such as firmware and calibration values
- Cable replacement of RS-232, RS-485 or USB connections with moderate throughputs (<100 kbps) including motor drive and control can use Bluetooth Smart transmissions
SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2540T features and benefits
Pricing and availability
The SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2540T wireless MCU is part of TI’s free sample program and is available through TI authorized distributors starting at $2.30 per 1,000 units.
Fast development with CC2540- and CC2541-based tools including:
- The CC2540 Development Kit (CC2540DK): A complete performance test platform with the same functionality as the CC2540T for $299
- The CC2540 Mini Development Kit (CC2540DK-MINI): A software development reference design for $99
- The CC2541 SensorTag Development Kit (CC2541DK-SENSOR): A mobile app development platform for $25
- The CC-debugger and programmer for $49