The newest BeagleBoard.org board is PocketBeagle, an ultra-tiny-yet-complete open-source USB-key-fob computer. PocketBeagle features an incredible low cost, slick design and simple usage, making PocketBeagle the ideal development board for beginners and professionals alike.
At 35 x 56 x 5 mm, PocketBeagle is small and flexible enough to fit in gaming, 3D printing, robotics or other electronics projects; and affordable enough to dedicate one to live permanently in each of those different projects. PocketBeagle not only includes a 1-GHz processor, but also industrial-oriented peripherals and microcontrollers optimized for interfacing to the physical world.
PocketBeagle doesn’t require installation of tools to get started. You develop directly in your web browser, a tool you already know; and PocketBeagle® can easily be reset to factory conditions, leaving you free to experiment.
PocketBeagle utilizes a simple open-source hardware design and a catalog-available, well-
Summary of Key Features
- Low-cost Linux computer with tremendous expansibility
- Opportunity to learn many programming aspects from educators on-line
- Openness and flexibility tear down limits on your imagination
Summary of Technical Specifications
- Based on new Octavo Systems OSD3358-SM 21mm x 21mm system-in-package that includes 512MB DDR3 RAM, 1-GHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, 2x 200-MHz PRUs, ARM Cortex-M3, 3D accelerator, power/battery management and EEPROM
- 72 expansion pin headers with power and battery I/Os, high-speed USB, 8 analog inputs, 44 digital I/Os and numerous digital interface peripherals
- microUSB host/client and microSD connectors
PocketBeagle is available today from Arrow, DigiKey and Mouser.