TRINAMIC Motion Control GmbH & Co. KG announce their new StepRocker boards with StealthChop. The StepRocker family, the TMCM-1211 and TMCM-1316 are open-source single-axis motor controller/driver modules for 2-phase bipolar stepper motors. Their RS485 and USB interfaces make them not only ideal for robotics, manufacturing, lab or factory automation and other applications, but also perfect for evaluating technology and for those experimenting with a stepper motor for the first time.
The TMCM-1211 contains the motion controller and motor driver TMC5160 in combination with an ARM Cortex-M4 processor, while the TMCM-1316 has the additional TMC4361 high-end chip. As such, the TMCM-1316 offers S-shaped and linear ramping profiles and closed-loop operation when using an external encoder.
Available from December through Trinamic’s distribution channels, both fully functional development platforms allow for advanced stepper motor control with StealthChop2, StallGuard2, CoolStep, and SpreadCycle. It’s easy to set up using the RS485 or USB interface in combination with Trinamic’s TMCL for remote or standalone operation, with a memory for up to 1024 TMCL™ commands.
Features and benefits:
- Single axis controller/driver for 2-phase bipolar stepper motor
- +10. . . +30V DC supply voltage
- Up to 5.7A RMS motor current
- RS485 & USB interface
- Multi-purpose inputs and outputs
- Open-source TMCL-Lite library C for development of own application code
- SixPoint ramps (TMCM-1211)
- S-shaped, linear and SixPoint ramps (TMCM-1316)
- Closed-loop operation with external encoder (TMCM-1316)