The RX66T MCUs are the first members of Renesas’ flagship 32-bit RX MCU family based on the new third-generation RXv3 CPU core. The new RX66T MCUs address the real-time performance and enhanced stability required by inverter control in next-generation smart factory equipment and smart home appliances, while adding the extra processing capacity needed for embedded AI (e-AI) in next-generation designs.
AI technology is transforming the industrial equipment and home appliance industries, and the emergence of e-AI there will be a catalyst for new innovation at the endpoint. The RX66T MCU Group helps further accelerate the use of intelligent endpoints using real-time e-AI performance to drive smarter appliances and improve production efficiency in smart factories, featuring:
- Cutting-edge CPU core technology to achieve substantially improved performance1, as much as 2.5 times better than previous RX family MCUs.
- Best-in-class performance of 928 CoreMark2 when operating at 160 MHz, enabling more precise inverter control – ideal for conventional motor control and applications requiring multi-axis motor control, such as the increasingly popular compact industrial robots and personal robots.
- Additional processing capacity to add embedded AI-based programs for motor fault detection in real time providing significant value-adds in productivity, safety, and quality.
- The RX66T MCUs also integrate a 5V power supply that delivers excellent noise tolerance.
The S1JA MCUs are the first members of Renesas’ new S1 series of Renesas Synergy MCUs. The MCUs deliver ultra-low power and best-in-class programmable analog and security functions for high-accuracy sensor signal acquisition and conditioning in cost-sensitive Industrial IoT sensor applications (flow control meters, multi-sensor systems, headless medical monitors and instrumentation systems, and single-phase electricity meters), featuring:
- Best-in-class software standby mode that consumes as little as 500nA to enable 20-year battery-operated applications that spend extended periods in sleep mode
- Programmable analog for MCU flexibility to explore algorithms that maximize performance and achieve design goals without adding significant overhead to BOM cost and board space
- An integrated AES cryptography accelerator, True Random Number Generator (TRNG) and memory protection units providing the fundamental blocks to develop a secure system that connects to the cloud
- Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) with six new modules that simplify interconnecting the configurable internal analog blocks
- Flexibility for embedded system designers to use either of the Renesas Synergy development environments–e² studio or IAR Embedded Workbench®–to build and customize their designs
- Renesas also introduced a TB-S1JA Target Board Kit that allows customers to start their system design by configuring the analog capabilities and programming the MCU.
- The MCUs can be combined with the ultra-low noise ISL21090B25 precision voltage reference and ISL32485E 5V differential RS-485/RS-422 transceiver to create high precision, ruggedized industrial sensor applications.