Designed to meet the high-performance requirements of a large variety of high-demand applications and services from the data center core to the edge, the new Intel Xeon D-2100 processor brings the advanced intelligence of the Xeon Scalable processor architecture into an optimized, dense, lower-power system-on-a-chip (SoC) form factor for environments constrained by space and power.
The new processor delivers data center processor architecture in a form factor optimized for flexible, scalable, high-density network, storage, and cloud edge solutions, integrating essential network, security, and acceleration capabilities. A software-programmable platform featuring robust virtualization support, with low latency, high-bandwidth capabilities through a flexible design, for a variety of solution and service deployments in space and power constrained environments.
Designed and manufactured with Intel Mesh Architecture and using Intel’s 14nm silicon process technology, the D-2100 processor is the first offering of a line of processors that will address a broad range of lower-power, high-density edge computing needs.
With a range of 4 to 18 cores, up-to 512 GB of addressable memory, this system-on-a-chip (SoC) has an integrated Platform Controller Hub (PCH), integrated high-speed I/O, up-to four integrated 10 Gigabit Intel Ethernet ports, and a thermal design point (TDP) of 60 W to 110 W. It can run the same instruction set as more robust Intel Xeon Scalable processors to provide software consistency and scale from the data center to the edge.
Advanced server-class capabilities include:
- New Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel AVX-512) delivers workload-optimized performance and throughput increases for advanced analytics, compute-intensive applications, cryptography, and data compression.
- Enhanced Intel QuickAssist Technology (Intel QAT), available as an integrated option, delivers chipset-based hardware acceleration, up-to 100 Gbps, for growing cryptography, encryption, and decryption workloads for greater efficiency while delivering enhanced transport and protection across server, storage, and network infrastructure.
- Built-In Hardware Virtualization using Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) to enable dynamic provisioning of services as communication service providers extend network functions virtualization (NFV) to the network edge.
- Intel x86 64-bit Software Support for scalable performance and broad application compatibility.
- Enhanced Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) features, including support for error-correcting code (ECC) memory and platform-level error management and resilience.
- Intel Platform Storage Extensions to enable smarter and more cost-effective storage solutions through integrated technologies that accelerate data movement, protect data, and simplify data management.
- Fast Encryption and Decryption Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) accelerates data encryption and decryption for secure websites.