Adesto Technologies Corporation introduces new FusionHD non-volatile memories (NVMs) designed for next-generation consumer and industrial IoT edge devices. FusionHD builds on the Smart IoT feature set of Adesto’s Fusion family with even more capabilities, patented low-power technology, security features, and increased memory density options.
The FusionHD product line supports the code storage and data logging demands of a wide range of feature-rich wearables, hearables, sensor edge devices and industrial systems. It delivers low power consumption, fast data transfer and robust, high-reliability operation. Unlike standard flash devices, FusionHD incorporates a Small Page Erase and Write Architecture that makes saving small packets of data quick and efficient. It also allows large data packets to be saved and accessed using minimal CPU clock cycles, reducing processing time and battery consumption.
FusionHD can bring system-level advantages to long-life industrial IoT devices such as sensors, meters and monitors. The extended battery life and wide operating voltage range offered by FusionHD help to prolong the active lifetime of these devices, which are often in remote or inaccessible locations. Designed and tested to Adesto’s high reliability standards, FusionHD offers increased robustness over other devices – a benefit when repair and maintenance aren’t possible for extended periods.
FusionHD includes a new suite of intelligent supervisory functions including a Battery Health Monitor and System Reset Generator, which reduce the system bill-of-materials (BOM), overall system cost and physical footprint.
In addition, FusionHD provides a range of innovative features specifically designed for power-conscious IoT edge devices:
● Flexible Memory Architecture
o A flexible new Read/Write SRAM buffer reduces the number of times needed to write to the flash array, dramatically improving endurance while also decreasing CPU clock cycles and reducing power consumption.
o The Small Page Erase and Write Architecture is ideal for writing small amounts of data without having to reprogram an entire page, thereby lending speed, power and endurance to the device.
● Intelligent host interface features that elevate the memory device into the ‘smart peripheral’ domain
o The unique Active IRQ feature enables the device to issue an interrupt to the MCU after completing an internal program or erase operation, optimizing overall power use and reducing CPU overhead.
o Read/Modify/Write operation enables easier software driver development and allows the CPU to focus on other tasks.
● Security features include unique device identification and a User One-Time Programmable (OTP) security register that is usable for system-level key storage.
FusionHD by the Numbers
● The power consumption of FusionHD devices is up to 70% lower than the competition, aided by the Small Page Erase feature, autonomous smart features as well as an optimized low-power design with ultra-deep power-down mode.
● FusionHD enables up to 5x faster system performance versus the competition, with features like small page erase, Read/Modify/Write, and flexible SRAM buffer; it also achieves 104MHz SPI operation; QSPI with XiP capability allows direct code execution from the host MCU.
● FusionHD products extend the Fusion product line up to 32Mbit to support the growing memory demands of power-sensitive products.
● A wide operating voltage range of VCC 1.7V to 3.6V allows FusionHD to function with a broad variety of battery technologies and to operate from an unregulated supply voltage, potentially reducing overall BOM cost.
FusionHD supports the new Serial Flash Reset Signaling Protocol (JESD252) ( https://www.jedec.org/
To learn more about FusionHD, visit http://www.adestotech.com/