Synopsys, Inc. announced that the Synopsys Design Platform has been fully certified for use on Samsung Foundry’s 28FDS (FD-SOI) process technology. A Process Design Kit (PDK) and a comprehensive reference flow, compatible with Synopsys’ Lynx Design System, containing scripts, design methodologies and best practices is now available. For Samsung Foundry’s latest differentiated process offering, support for bias throughout the Design Platform flow has been thoroughly verified and certified to achieve optimal power and performance tradeoffs.
“FD-SOI technology offers one of the best power, performance, and cost tradeoffs,” said Jaehong Park, senior vice president of the Foundry Solutions Team at Samsung Electronics. “Samsung Foundry’s 28FD-SOI technology allows designs to operate both at high and low voltage making it ideal for IoT and mobile applications. Moreover, the FD-SOI technology exhibits the best soft error immunity, and, therefore, is well suited for applications that require high reliability such as automotive. Availability of certified Synopsys Design Platform, PDK and reference flow will allow our mutual customers to accelerate adoption of our 28FDS technology.”
Key Synopsys tools certified by Samsung Foundry include:
- IC Compiler™ II place and route: Multibit register optimization, low-power placement and advanced design planning for optimized module placement and timing
- Design Compiler® Graphical RTL synthesis: Correlation, congestion reduction, and physical guidance for IC Compiler II
- DFTMAX™ and TetraMAX® test solutions: Simultaneously meet design and test goals while addressing ISO 26262 automotive test requirements, achieving accurate silicon diagnosis and quickly ramping yield
- PrimeTime® timing signoff: Ultra-low voltage timing signoff with Advanced Waveform Propagation (AWP) and placement rule-aware Engineering Change Order (ECO) guidance
- IC Validator signoff physical verification: Automated DRC repair, DFM pattern matching and metal fill In-Design with IC Compiler II; DRC and LVS with Custom Compiler™ full-custom solution
- StarRC™ extraction: Multi-rail signoff with support for multi-valued standard parasitic exchange format (SPEF)
- Custom Compiler full-custom solution: Features the pioneering visually-assisted automation flow to speed up common design tasks, reduce iterations and enable reuse.
- HSPICE® simulation: Gold standard for accurate circuit simulation
The Reference flow is available now through Samsung Foundry.